Why is it that sometimes when you are out to eat and you order a salad, they are SO much better than when we make them at home? I would like to think it is because the chefs at the restaurants put as much extra love and care into our salads as they do on the main entrees. Just to be honest here, usually once I hit my third week of Whole 30, I am sick of salads. Most of the time it’s because salad is my quick and easy go-to; I know it’s approved as well as easy to make. I wanted to share a salad recipe that not only was easy to make but will reinvigorate salads back into your life when you seriously were ready to say SAYONARA SALADS! This salad combines both beets and avocados and if you have never tried them as a combo, you have been missing out! The best combo since Lucy and Desi, if I do say so myself! I promise, after you give this salad a whirl, you will be craving it throughout the rest of your Whole 30. So, let me introduce you to the Whole 30 Beet & Avocado Salad!
Whole 30 Beet & Avocado Salad
- 1 bag of herb salad mix. (We use the one from Trader Joe’s.)
- 6 Medium Beets roasted and diced.
- 3 Avocados, cubed.
- 4 Green Onion Stalks, cut.
- ½ Red Onion, sliced.
- 6 Mandarin Oranges
- 2 Blood Oranges
- 2 Tablespoons of Whole 30 Approved Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Pinches of Salt
- 2 Pinches of Pepper
- Roasting Beets:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- If your beets still have their leafy tops, cut closest to the tops of the beets, leaving yourself enough room to grip it.
- Wash and scrub Beets.
- Put on a baking sheet and tent with foil.
- Cook for 45-50 Minutes.
- Pull out of oven and check it like you do a potato. Make sure its soft enough to put a fork in it.
- Let it cool.
- Run over cold water and the skin should rub off gently with your hands. (NOTE: Wear gloves during this process if you can, or your hands will turn red.)
- Cube the beets.
- Salad Dressing Directions:
- In a bowl or processor, combine all of the salad dressing ingredients and mix, or blend.
- Set aside for salad.
- Salad Directions:
- On a large serving platter, place all of the herb mix on the plate as the base.
- Start adding in a little bit of every ingredient in whatever way your eye pleases you. (I like to add in a little of everything a little at a time to make sure it is evenly distributed; but you do you!)
- Drizzle salad dressing on top or set aside for your guests to add on their own.
- Serve and enjoy!
“Bears, BEETS……Battlestar Galactica.” – Dwight Schrute
What a great combination. 😋
Yummy! So bright and colorful. #EatTheRainbow !!!
Pingback: Whole 30 Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders (Paleo, Low Carb, Gluten Free) - LuvAshland - Health, Food & Wholehearted Living