The other day, I was craving a tuna salad for my lunch and since it was my third day of Whole 30, I thought, for sure there was an easy way to make a tuna salad. When I went about planning my meals for the first week of my Whole 30, I didn’t plan for a tuna salad but when I went into the grocery with my trusty Whole list, I hunted for some Whole 30-approved tuna. Just as a side note, I mostly do all my shopping at Aldi’s and during that trip I realized that Aldi’s has A LOT of Whole 30 options. In regard to the below recipe, I found almost everything at Aldi’s except for the mayo. The Whole 30 approved mayo, which is from Primal Kitchen, I ended up finding at Sprouts but I did also find it here on Amazon as well if you do not have a Sprouts close by.
I experimented a lot with this salad, but as my Husband proclaimed (since I also made it for him for dinner) “it was one of the best salads I have ever had!” Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Serving Size – One Salad
- ½ an Avocado
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 cup of Spinach
- 1/3 cup of red onion
- ½ a lemon
- 1 Tbsp of Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1/3 cup of green onion
- ½ an apple
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a small mixing bowl, add tuna, mayo and juice from half a lemon in bowl. Mix together.
- Place spinach as the base of the salad on plate.
- Scoop tuna out onto the middle of the spinach.
- Add remainder ingredients to plate.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- I also added “Everything but the Bagel” Seasoning to the dinner salad and it too, was delicious!
“You are what you eat, so don’t be fast, cheap, easy or fake!” – Anonymous