One of my biggest cravings during this whole “Keto” journey has been pizza. I have literally had dreams of eating pizza and then waking up freaking out that I knocked myself out of ketosis. Ugh! This desire drove me to search for a way to make a pizza that I can have while on Keto. I went online to my favorite website (Pinterest) and started experimenting. I am happy to report that I have tested this recipe on my entire family, who is also on Keto, and they gave me two thumbs up to share with the world. Note that your carb count is going to depend on what toppings you want to put on top of your pizza. The recipe below shows how you can make a Halloween-themed Keto-friendly pizza with pesto sauce, cheese and olives. You can go ahead and make your own and make it even less on carbs by not using tomato sauce. I truly hope you enjoy this recipe and would love to see pictures! If you try it, please go ahead and place in comments below or tag me @LuvAshland on Instagram! Bon Appétit!
Ingredients for around a 10 to 12 inch pizza (serving size 2):
- ¾ cup of blanched almond flour
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
Ingredients for Halloween Inspired Keto Pizza
- 2 tbsp of Prego Light Sauce
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp of pesto sauce
- 5 black olives
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix the almond flour, garlic powder, mozzarella cheese and salt all together.
- Add cream cheese. Place bowl in microwave for 1 minute. Take out and mix with large spoon. Microwave again for another minute and take out, add egg and keep mixing and kneading until cool. Once cool you can take out of bowl and place on cutting board and start kneading and rolling out to the size of pizza you would like. (I like to make it thin crust, so I make it pretty large.)
- Place your dough on a parchment lined backing sheet and poke holes throughout all the dough.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Depending on your oven, I would recommend checking it at 10 minutes to make sure it is not burning.
- Remove the crust from the oven and then start adding the toppings of your choice and place back in over and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is all melted.
- The next steps will show you how I created a Halloween-inspired Keto-friendly pizza.
- Once your pizza crust is done baking spoon on the Prego light sauce. Add cheese.
- Take the pesto sauce and place in a sandwich bag. Cut the corner of the bag and start creating a spider web with the pesto sauce. (I also thought, I could of done this with sour cream…but was not sure if that would be good with the pizza.)
- Cut 4 of your olives in half and place on pizza where you would like them. One half would be the head of the spider and the other the body. Then take your last olive and slice to create little spider legs.
- Once you position the spiders in the location you want them, place the pizza back in the oven and cook for 5 – 10 minutes. Keep checking the pizza, because since you cooked the crust already, all you really need to do is warm the toppings and melt the cheese.
- I hope you ENJOY this SPOOKALICIOUS meal! MUAHAHAHHA!
“You can’t buy happiness…but you can buy pizza and that’s kind of the same thing.” –Said by an anonymous person…who loved pizza.
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.