One of my favorite dishes to make on the Whole 30 program is Spaghetti Squash with Bolognese. Not only is this dish super delicious it also is extremely easy to do as well. I do have to admit though when I first did the Whole 30 for the first time, back in beginning of 2015, I was intimated by Spaghetti Squash! I know, weird thing to be intimated by, but I was. I had seen my Mom prepare this dish before and I read about it on Pinterest boards, but I just didn’t know where to start. I know I am not the only person out there that has been intimated by dishes, especially some Whole 30 dishes! With that being said, I wanted to put it all out there and give you an easy step-by-step on how to cook the perfect Spaghetti Squash that is ready for any “pasta” dish that you need it for!
How to cook a Spaghetti Squash; a step-by-step.
What you will need:
- A Spaghetti Squash (I get mine at Aldi’s – they are HUGE there and I can make enough for my family of 3, plus leftovers!)
- A Baking Sheet
- Large Knife
- Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper & Oregano
Step by Step:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2: Take your large knife on a cutting board and cut the Spaghetti Squash in half.
- Step 3: Scoop out the middle of the spaghetti squash getting all the seeds out of it.
- Step 4: Smother the inside of each spaghetti squash half with olive oil.
- Step 5: Season each half with salt, pepper & oregano. Feel free to test your own favorite seasonings as well. I have heard of some people using garlic salt.
- Step 6: Place spaghetti squash halves on baking sheet facing down.
- Step 7: Cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Step 8: Pull out oven and flip squash halves over. Let cool. Take a fork and start shredding the spaghetti squash.
- Step 9: Enjoy alone with ghee or whatever sauce you prepared with it!
“Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food.” – Hippocrates
Pingback: How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in Air Fryer - LuvAshland - Health, Food & Wholehearted Living