This post contains affiliate links.Jump to Recipe
Starting your day right with a delicious and healthy breakfast can really make a huge difference. Why not start your day off for you and your family with a delicious Whole30 Breakfast Casserole!
When the Whole30 program was first introduced to my life through my Mom in 2016, she inspired my entire family to join in on the program with her. That first round of the Whole30 program brought a lot of success in not just our physical health, but out mental health as well. The program also inspired us all to start testing and creating our own recipes, which in turn inspired some of the Whole30 approved recipes that I have shared already and have listed below. This Whole30 Breakfast Casserole recipe comes from my Dad; he loves to make it for us whenever we are over at his house!
Whole30 Approved Recipes
- Whole30 Cilantro Cauliflower Lime Rice
- Whole30 Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Whole30 Kale Chips
- Whole30 Beet & Avocado Salad
- Whole30 Yam Chicken Burgers
- Whole30 Black Cherry-Berry Limeade Mocktail
- Whole30 Air Fryer Pickles
This Whole30 Breakfast Casserole is not just a staple in our home, for breakfast, it is also a go-to meal whenever we have overnight guests. Traditionally a casserole is served in a glass dish, but we choose to serve our Whole30 Breakfast Casserole inside of a skillet to not just give our Guests that “WOW” factor when serving this breakfast, it also makes it really easy to place on the table in front of our family and serve.
Whole30 Breakfast Casserole Topping Options
Normally, we serve our Whole30 Breakfast Casserole with some fresh avocado on top as well as some fresh cilantro. We have also occasionally ventured off and included some delicious Whole30-approved ranch, hot sauce or other approved sauces.
If you are someone who is interested and looking into starting the Whole30 program, I highly recommend that you start with the books that I have listed below. When I did my first Whole30 I ended up just jumping right into the program without reading the book, and although I was successful in the physical attributes of the program, mentally my relationship with food did not change.
It was not until years later in 2019, when I received my Hashimoto’s diagnosis, that I really sat down and did some reading. In that research and reading as well as incorporating a 90-day Whole30 program, did my mind truly transform; this included my relationship with food. Avoid my mistake and check out the Whole30 program books that I have listed below, you won’t regret it.
Whole30 Program Books
- It Starts With Food
- Food Freedom Forever
- The Whole30 Cookbook
- The Whole30: The 30 Day Guide to Total Health & Food Freedom
- The Whole30 Friends and Family Cookbook
Whole30 Breakfast CasseroleCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Medium
Delicious and easy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole recipe, perfect for serving a group or large family. This Casserole is great to serve with any Whole30-approved sauce.
1 lb of Whole30-approved chorizo or ground sausage
1/2 white onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 (4oz) cans of diced green chiles
1 whole avocado
1 large tomato, sliced
1 fresh jalapeño, topping (optional)
green onions, topping
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- On your stovetop, place your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the Whole30-approved sausage or chorizo to the skillet and break into small pieces. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the chorizo or sausage is cooked about halfway through, add in the onion and garlic, cook until meat is finished, turn heat to low.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, green chiles, salt and pepper.
- Raise heat on skillet to medium heat and add in your egg mixture and let cook for 10 minutes.
- At the 10-minute mark, place your sliced tomatoes and jalapeños (optional) on top and cook in the oven for 30 minutes. (Note: cook until the middle is not jiggly and eggs are done.)
- Once finished, pull out of the oven and add desired garnish. (green onion, cilantro, pepper and/or Whole30-approved sauce.) ENJOY!