Ever since I was a little girl, I have always needed a creative outlet. Being the daughter of two artists, they both encouraged myself and my siblings to always be creative and always find the beauty in everything. That said, being a Mom, it is SO important to me to pass that concept and tradition down to my children. One of the products that I love to use as my own creative outlet as well as a learning tool for my Son is Chalkola. Chalkola is not only a brand that I trust, it also has a great message and mission behind it which promotes living a vibrant life. They believe that art should be accessible to everyone which is why all of their products are designed for both home and professional use, with quality at the core of each and every item they sell.
Chalkola is not just fun for adults, it is also a blast for kids and on top of it, is safe for children as all of their products are non-toxic, xylene free, and odor free.
Chalkola is also SUPER easy to use and learn from. At first, when I started using chalk markers many years ago, I was pretty intimidated by them and thought that they would be too advanced for me. Luckily, I didn’t listen to that insecurity and started playing around with them and then fell in love with them! I am a true believer that ANYONE can use them whether you are working on a professional project, creating and learning with your kids, or just de-stressing with a personal project for yourself; you can always find fun in Chalkola Chalk Markers!
We had the opportunity to create, use and review the Chalkola Chalk Markers and Chalk Board, which we now have incorporated into our daily schedule with our two-year old. Overall, the high quality of the product is enough to purchase as part of your child’s creative tool collection. On top of that, they simply are a blast to play, create and have fun with! We are excited to continue to incorporate Chalkola into our Son and soon-to-be daughter’s creative, colorful and vibrant lives!
6 Reasons To Encourage Creativity in Kids
- It allows them to dream and dream big
- A blank canvas is always so exciting because it challenges us to dream and create anything we want. Our children are going to already get a huge dose of the “real-world” mentality – we need to encourage them to always think and dream without limits so that one day they gain the confidence to shoot for their dreams.
- It teaches them the beauty in mistakes
- One of the most important things that I do when I create with my Son, is never to tell him something is wrong during our “creative time.” If we are coloring in a coloring book and he colors outside the lines, I do not tell him he is wrong… because why is he? There is NO right way in being creative, and if we thought that then we would have never had great and transformative artists like Pablo Picasso or William Shakespeare.
- It’s educational
- I always challenge myself as a parent to find a way to make learning fun. A lot of times, this will form into art, or a game – but in everything you do – you can always be teaching your children something!
- It builds their intellectual development
- There are so many integrating creativity within your activities with your child builds their intellectual development. This is because, through creative activities your kids can learn problem-solving skills, build their imagination and overall grow and develop.
- Encouraging creativity can allow your kids to start to learn to approach problems or situations from different angles. There is never one particular way to do or create something and being creative can open their eyes to other ways of creating and accomplishing goals.
- Last, but probably the most important thing, is that it bonds you. Living in a society driven by screen time, social media and staying busy – I think it is more important than ever to be present and bond with your children. It builds trust, confidence and love within your family.
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use the more you have.” – Dr. Maya Angelou
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.