Being on Whole 30, one of the meals that I missed the most was the Cilantro Lime Rice that they have at Chipotle. First off, I LOVE Chipotle and I am not sure if you know but they offer a lot of options for people who have changed their way of eating called “Lifestyle Bowls”. They have Keto Salad Bowl, Whole 30 Salad Bowl, Paleo Bowl, Vegan Bowl and a Vegetarian Bowl as options! That said, if you are in the middle of a lifestyle change or a Whole 30 program and need a quick dinner, I highly recommend heading over to Chipotle and grabbing one of their bowls! Unfortunately though, none of these bowls come with Whole 30 approved cilantro lime rice, for that you are going to need to refer to my recipe below!
Now that I finished my obsessive rant about Chipotle let me give you one of my favorite recipes for recreating their cilantro lime rice and making it Whole 30 compliant. This recipe is super easy and can be used as a side dish to many different meals. I also like to make my own homemade Mexican bowls that are also inspired by Chipotle! I promise you I am not getting paid for this Chipotle rant, I literally am just that in love with the restaurant! Enough talk, allow me to get into the recipe.
Whole 30 Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 frozen bag of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of Whole 30 compliant chicken bone broth
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 bunch of cilantro (I use extra for garnish because I LOVE cilantro)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- ½ white onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- Optional – You can cut up additional limes as a garnish for the dish with the cilantro. Adds that extra “oomph” to your dish to impress your guests or family!
- Add the oil to your skillet and sauté the garlic and onions until onions are transparent.
- Add in the bag of frozen cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes – stirring occasionally to ensure that it doesn’t burn.
- Stir in the bone broth and raise temperature to high. Once the broth is mixed in add the lime juice and half of your cilantro. Mix in. Cook for another minute or two.
- Add salt and pepper and mix in.
- Place in serving bowl. Add remaining cilantro for garnish.
“A healthy outside starts from the inside.” – Robert Urich