When I was pregnant with our Son, one of the cravings that I had from time to time was fried pickles. I don’t know if it’s the saltiness or that vinegar tasty goodness that satisfied me, but I do know that they were always perfect and fulfilled the craving. Since we recently purchased our new Air Fryer, it has become my new best friend; my Husband jokes that I would fry everything in my kitchen if I could! While cooking my last Air Fryer recipe, the Whole 30 Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Strips, I thought about using a similar mix for – drum roll – PICKLES! This delicious treat ended up being the fan favorite at my last family gathering and I would dare you to only have one. I also paired it with Tessemae’s Habañero Ranch, which gave it that yummy kick at the end! To top all of this off, I am also happy to report that this recipe is Whole 30 and Paleo! I hope you enjoy them! Bon Appetit!
Whole 30 Air-Fried Pickles
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 13 Minutes
Total: 23 Minutes
Serving: 5 – Appetizer
- 4 Jumbo Dill Pickles
- 1 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Whole 30 Compliant Coconut Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- Slice Pickles in medallions and set aside in a bowl.
- In a bowl mix all your dry ingredients and set to the side.
- In another bowl mix all your wet ingredients.
- Set up a food station and take one pickle, dip it in the egg wash and then take the other hand and dip it in the dry ingredients, making sure that the entire pickle is covered. Place pickle on a paper towel covered plate. Repeat until all pickles are egg washed and smothered in dry ingredients.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees F. Fry pickles for 12 Minutes. (Note that all air fryers are different, and you will also need to follow the instructions on your air fryer.)
- Place on serving plate and serve with Tessemae’s Habañero Ranch! YUM!
“Pickles are cucumbers that believed in miracles.” – Unknown