One of the most filling dishes during a Whole 30 for us, is a delicious stuffed potato. Whether it’s a regular potato or a sweet one you can never go wrong dressing it up a bit with some chicken, beef or pork, adding a Whole 30-compliant sauce and going to town. This Whole 30 BBQ Pork Stuffed Sweet Potato dish is definitely a dish that you will want to add to your weekly dinners for your family. Not only is this dish super easy to make, it’s also super quick, because you do it in your Instant Pot. If you do not have an Instant Pot, no worries, I have also included instructions for creating this recipe in a Slow Cooker. This dish includes my Whole 30 compliant BBQ Sauce that we made last week, and you are able to find that post here. This sweet potato dish is not just filling it also fills that sweet and savory craving that you may get at the first couple days of your Whole 30. I hope you enjoy this recipe and as always if you try it, please comment below and tell me what you think.
Whole 30 BBQ Pork Stuffed Sweet Potato
Time: 2 Hours
- 8 Large Sweet Potatos
- 6.5 lbs Pork Shoulder
- Full Garlic Bulb – top cut off
- 1 Teaspoon of Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- ½ Medium White Onion, Diced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups of Compliant Chicken Broth or Water
- Chopped Green Onions for garnish
- Place the Pork Shoulder in the Instant Pot, Add all the seasonings to the pot. Add in the compliant chicken broth or water.
- Note – make sure that you do follow you own Instant Pot Directions. We use the 8 Quart Instant Pot linked here. If you have a different Instant Pot, please follow those directions on how to use your Instant Pot.
- Close the lid, cook on high pressure for 90 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking, wash and scrub all the sweet potatoes and wrap in foil.
- Bake Sweet Potatoes for 45 Minutes on 375 Wrapped
- Pull the potatoes out of oven and let cool.
- Once the meat is ready, shred and place in serving tray.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half and stuff with pork.
- Top off with Compliant Whole 30 BBQ Sauce: you can find the recipe here.
- Finally, top with green onions.
- Optional topping: Whole 30 Compliant Coleslaw (Cabbage, Whole 30 Compliant Mayo,Garlic Powder, Red Wine Vinegar, Italian Seasonings, Salt and Pepper to Taste.)
- Bon Appetit!
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well.” -Virginia Woolf
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.