When we got our air fryer this last Christmas, the first dish I planned was my Husband’s personal favorite; chicken tenders. When I say it is his favorite, I MEAN it’s his FAVORITE! It’s always his go-to choice on any menu and he even judges a restaurant based on how their chicken tenders taste – he seriously makes chicken tenders the first thing he orders at any new restaurant and chooses whether he will come back based on that dish alone. I know, I know…. that’s the chicken tender snob I married.
Since we are doing a January Whole 30, I wanted to go ahead and try to make his favorite dish compliant. Well, I am happy to report that not only did he eat all of them, he gave my recipe an A+ and requested another batch that evening. So, I definitely have the confidence to say that they turned out delicious and I am so excited to be sharing them with you!
Whole 30 Air-Fried Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Time: 25 Minutes
- Fried Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb of Chicken Tenders (Boneless, Skinless)
- 1 cup of Almond Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Green Onions for garnish
- Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Cup of Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Ghee
- 1 Tablespoon of Cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Aminos
- 1 Teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the almond flour, cayenne pepper, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and salt all together.
- In a separate bowl, crack and mix eggs.
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, I like to make a little food station for me to work on. The station will go chicken, egg, almond flour mix and baking sheet. The key to this process is to use your right hand only for first grabbing the chicken and dipping in egg, and the second hand for the flouring and placing chicken on baking sheet to rest before air frying. Follow that pattern: chicken>egg>almond flour mix>baking sheet.
- Once you have all of your chicken tenders floured, you then need to prep the air fryer. (Note, that all air fryers are different, and you need to follow the instructions on your air-fryer especially when cooking chicken.)
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Once your air fryer is ready, spray with compliant coconut spray.
- Place each chicken tender inside of the air fryer making sure none of them lay on top of each other. (If you have to do two batches then do that.)
- Air Fry for 12 minutes, checking them at 6 and flipping them around to the other side.
- During this time, start preparing the buffalo sauce. In a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and heat on high. Make sure to just simmer the sauce and do NOT let it boil. Let it simmer, stirring often, which the chicken is cooking.
- After cooked, make sure to check the temperature on your chicken with a meat thermometer. Chicken need to be at 165F.
- In a separate bowl, pour the buffalo sauce out. With tongs place each chicken tender in the sauce, coating as desired. After you dip in the sauce, place on serving tray.
- Top the chicken tenders with green onions and serve with my favorite Whole 30 Ranch; Tessemae’s Organic Creamy Ranch.
“You’re just like fried chicken, you make everything better!” – Unknown
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.