Every now and then I get a big craving for some spicy and crispy chicken, which is why I created this air fryer buffalo chicken tenders recipe! Chicken tenders are my Husband’s favorite and the spicier they are, the better. Since both of us have an autoimmune disease, we consciously choose what we put into our bodies.
This recipe is perfect for both lunch and dinner and is even more filling if you place over a salad. Do you have little ones that do NOT love spicy? No worries, this recipes allows you to add the buffalo sauce after air frying, which means you can leave some tenders with NO SPICE!
In our household we toggle between eating close to Whole 30/Paleo and low carb because it works for us and keeps our autoimmune diseases under control. When I first did the Whole 30, I did not have an air fryer, but boy do I wish I did – it truly is a game changer, and I highly recommend it!
What if I do not have an air fryer?
Maybe you want to enjoy my air fryer buffalo chicken tenders, but you do not have an air fryer, that is okay! You can always bake them! Just pre-heat your oven to 375F and bake for 15-20 minutes. I would recommend placing parchment paper down on the baking sheet to ensure that they do not stick. Make sure after cooking that the chicken is measuring at 165F before serving. If you want it extra crispy, throw it under the broiler for 1-2 minutes after baking.
Air Fryer Recommendations?
Ever since we received our air fryer for Christmas we have be in love and obsessed. This air fryer is perfect for families as it has a bigger sized basket to hold more items. It also has an LED digital display panel which is very user friendly. Check out the latest prices here.
Whole 30 Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Whole 30 Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders (Paleo, Low Carb, Gluten Free)Course: Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A quick and easy Whole 30 and Paleo spicy chicken recipe, enjoyed with homemade ranch. This recipe is perfect for all those spicy lovers out there looking to up their game in their Whole 30 and healthy dinner meals. Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free and Low Carb.
1 lb of chicken tenders
1 cup of almond flour
2 large eggs
1 tsp of black pepper
2 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of garlic powder
green onion (for garnish)
- Buffalo Sauce
1 cup of franks hot sauce
3 tbsp of ghee
1 tbsp of garlic powder
1 tbsp of coconut aminos
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of paprika
2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the almond flour, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and salt all together.
- In a separate bowl, crack and mix eggs.
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Create your food station. The station will go chicken > almond flour > egg > almond flour mix and baking sheet. Continue this pattern until all chicken strips are coated and ready for the air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F for 3 minutes. Spray with compliant oil. (I use ghee spray)
- Place each chicken tender inside of the air fryer making sure none of them lay on top of each other.
- Air Fry for 12 minutes, checking them at 6 and flipping them around to the other side.
- During this time, start preparing the buffalo sauce. In a saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and heat on high. Make sure to just simmer the sauce and do NOT let it boil. Let it simmer, stirring often, which the chicken is cooking.
- After cooked, make sure to check the temperature on your chicken with a meat thermometer. Chicken need to be at 165F.
- In a separate bowl, pour the buffalo sauce out. With tongs place each chicken tender in the sauce, coating as desired. After you dip in the sauce, place on serving tray.
- Top the chicken tenders with green onions and serve with my favorite Whole 30 Ranch; Tessemae’s Organic Creamy Ranch.
- For my homemade Whole 30 Ranch recipe click here.
- If you are not a fan of spicy, you can leave out the buffalo sauce and just have healthy crispy chicken tenders.
- Make sure to only dip the chicken tenders in the sauce, if you leave them in the sauce they become soggy and the breading may fall off.
- Perfect for over a salad! Make it a buffalo chicken salad for lunch!
Other Recipes You Might Love:
- Egg Roll in a Bowl – Whole 30
- Air Fried Pickles – Whole 30
- Kale Chips – Whole 30
- Tuna Salad – Whole 30
- Sweet Potato Waffle Recipe – Whole 30
“You’re just like fried chicken, you make everything better!” – Unknown
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.