Who is ready for a BBQ!? I know how unsettling it can be to hear that there’s an upcoming “family gathering” when you are on Whole 30. It prompts questions like, “What will I be able to eat?”, “What is in that?” and the dreadful turning down food when it is offered to you and them thinking, “What’s wrong with them?” On top of that, when it is a BBQ, personally for me it is hard to turn down a REALLY good BBQ sauce. Well, thanks to my Mother, who concocted this recipe from SCRATCH, we were able to create and test the most delicious Whole 30 Approved BBQ sauce; good enough to bottle it up and sell it at your next Farmers’ Market! This BBQ sauce is a sweet and tangy sauce that you will be able to use really with any meat you want to BBQ for those warm family gatherings. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know if you end up trying our new family recipe!
Whole 30 Approved BBQ Sauce
Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Cup Whole 30 Approved Balsamic Vinegar
- 12 Medjool Dates Chopped
- 1 Whole Head of Garlic
- 12 Ounces of Tomato Paste
- 4 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Aminos
- ½ Medium White Onion Diced
- 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Cups of Water
- ½ Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- Preheat oven to 375′ F. Cut the top off the garlic head and coat in olive oil and salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and place on baking sheet in oven for 15 minutes or until soft.
- While cooking the garlic, in a saucepan add all of the other ingredients and cook until simmer. IMPORTANT: DO NOT LET IT BOIL. If it starts boiling, then lower the temperature and stir. Simmer time should be around 15 minutes while the roasted garlic is cooking.
- Once the garlic is finished cooking, pull out of oven and squeeze garlic cloves into the sauce. Keep allowing it to simmer for another 5 minutes. Total time for simmer should be 20 minutes.
- If your sauce is extra thick, you can add more water until you get the consistency you want, it should be like ketchup.
- After you have your sauce to the consistency you want it, immersion blend until everything is pureed. You can also wait for it to cook and place it in your blender if you do not have the immersion blender.
- Add to any BBQ dish and ENJOY!
“Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it’s a start.” -Anthony Bourdain
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.