Are you ever at home and are just craving some delicious baked goods, but do not have the time to make an entire batch of muffins? Are you gluten-free/dairy-free like me and every now and then just want a muffin or something to kick that craving? Fret NO MORE, I have the perfect solve for you! A Paleo Blueberry Mug Muffin that is not just dairy-free, gluten-free & egg-free but it also only takes 5 minutes to make.
A couple years ago, my Mom was watching a morning show and they were showcasing a way where you could make a muffin inside of the microwave in about 2 minutes. Naturally, as all ideas with my Mother, she brought me along on the journey of food chemistry and testing to see if we could do it ourselves. Of course, she mastered it and from time to time made us her mug muffins when we were watching our chick flicks together. Well, ever since choosing to live the gluten/dairy free life because of my autoimmune disease my Mom has been constantly in the kitchen trying to test out recipes for me to try and eat. (I know I am very blessed with an amazing Mom!)
So, a couple weeks ago, I was deeply craving a muffin and as all of her ideas begin, she popped her head up, shot a look at me and came up with an idea to make her mug muffins paleo. After a trip to the store and a couple hours of testing, we were able to master this muffin and I am very excited to share this new recipe. So, without further ado, allow me to introduce you to the Luv Ashland Paleo Blueberry Mug Muffin which I am happy to report is low carb, paleo, gluten free, dairy free and has the option of being egg free! Enjoy and as always if you try it, please comment below with what you think.
Paleo Blueberry Mug Muffin
Serving Size: 1-2 Muffins, depending on size of mug/ramekin.
Time: 5 Minutes
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- ¼ Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Monk Fruit Sweetener (or a sweetener of your choice.)
- 1 Large Egg (I have to be egg free, so I used the Red Mill Egg replacer for the muffins pictured and they were delicious.)
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Blueberries
- 2 Tablespoon of a Keto Maples Syrup (We used the Sugar Free Choc Zero Maple Syrup.)
- Mix the coconut flour, baking powder and monk fruit all together in a small bowl.
- In a small ramekin or small coffee mug add the egg (or egg replacer), coconut oil and keto maple syrup and mix. Add in the dry ingredients to mug/ramekin.
- Mix in the blueberries.
- Microwave for 2-3 Minutes.
“Cooking is chance, baking is science”
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.