Okay Friends! You asked for this recipe and I am ready to deliver it to you! The other day I posted on my Instagram Story that I was making Whole 30 approved waffles sandwiches. That evening I received MANY direct messages wanting the recipe. I went ahead and tested and worked on this recipe to make it the most savory Whole 30 approved breakfast, lunch OR dinner meal you can have! If you are a HUGE waffle fan like me then you are going to love this recipe! I added a twist to it though, by making it have a nice little kick to it! If you do not want to add a kick, you can leave out the chili powder!
Lastly, if you are interested in other Whole 30 recipes that I have created you are able to read about them all below:
- Whole 30 Approved Tuna Salad
- Whole 30 Stir Fry
- Whole 30 Chicken and Mediterranean-Style Cauliflower
- Whole 30 BLT Salad
- Whole 30 Chicken Soup Recipe
- Whole 30 Chicken and Pesto Noodles Recipe
- 5 Whole 30 Chicken Recipes in 5 Days
Drumroll please… Here is Luv Ashland’s Whole 30 Sweet Potato Waffle Sandwich!
Serving: 4 Waffles (which will make 2 sandwiches)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes (shredded) – 4 cups worth
- 1 tsp of chili powder (as mentioned above, if you do not want it to have a kick then take this out)
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of garlic salt (double check that it is whole 30 approved)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- Sandwich fixings
- 4 eggs
- 1 large avocado
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, add shredded sweet potatoes (you should have at least 4 cups of shredded sweet potatoes) add eggs, oil and all seasonings. Mix together with a fork.
- Spray your waffle iron with coconut oil or any Whole 30 approved oil.
- Scoop a cup of your sweet potato waffle mix onto the waffle iron. I use my Belgian waffle iron, so I am able to cook two at a time. I also allow the iron to cook the waffle thoroughly – if you have a different waffle iron, I did time it and it takes about 4-5 minutes to cook. Just make sure that the waffle is crispy enough and held together enough to lift up with a fork.
- While your waffles are cooking start frying your eggs and cutting the avocado. I normally cook my eggs over easy, but you can cook them whatever way you want.
- After the waffles are cooked start assembling your waffle sandwich. I normally do waffle, avocado, egg, salt and pepper then waffle.
- Cut in fours and enjoy!
“When you eat GREAT, you feel GREAT!” – Unknown
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.