Mexican Street Corn is definitely one of my favorite side dishes for dinner. So when my Brother mentioned this dish to be part of our 5 Gourmet Summer Hot Dog Recipes Series, I was on board! To recap, this series was inspired by adding a twist to the mundane summer dinner staple, the hot dog and bringing some excitement back into it. My Brother in my opinion, has mastered his own Mexican street corn recipe, so I knew he would make this twist on the hot dog something really delicious!
Mexican Street Corn Hot Dog
- 4 Brioche Hot Dog Buns
- 4 Hot Dogs
- 4 Corn on the Cob
- 3 Tablespoons of Mayo
- 3 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Tajin Chili Lime Seasoning
- 5 Oz of Cotija Cheese
- Small bag of Hot Cheetos
- ½ cup Cilantro
- 2 Large Jalapeños
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Cup and a half of lime juice
- Tablespoon of minced garlic
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 ½ cups of mayo
- 1 cup of water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Take the Jalapeños and heat your grill up to high and roast your Jalapeños until they are charred.
- Take the Jalapeños off the grill and put inside of bowl, let cool.
- After cooling, put on plastic gloves (or the jalapeño juice will burn your skin) and take off the stems, peel the skin off and take out the seeds by hand. (The easy way to peel the skin and take out the seeds is to run it under hot water.)
- Take ALL the aioli ingredients except for the mayo and place in a blender. Blend until it becomes a liquid.
- Take the mayo and place in separate bowl. Fold in Jalapeño puree to make aioli.
- Place in squirt bottle and refrigerate for 10 minutes. If you do not have a squirt bottle, you can get a zip lock bag and cut a small hole in the corner.
Mexican Street Corn
- Take the corn on the cobs and soak in an ice bath for 15 minutes. Take out of ice bath and turn your grill to high. Grill corn for 10 minutes on each side or until brown. (All grills are different so temperatures and time may vary.)
- Once corn is finished. Take corn, place in bowl and let cool. Once cooled, cut corn off the cob and place in large bowl.
- Add all ingredients in bowl with corn and fold until mixed thoroughly which becomes your Mexican Street Corn.
- Grill Hot Dogs and place in buns. Top them off with the Mexican Street Corn. Drizzle the Hot Dog with the Aioli sauce to liking. Top off the Hot Dog with a sprinkle of cotija cheese, cilantro and dust with crushed hot Cheetos. ENJOY!
As always, if you try this recipe, I would love to hear what you think about it. Did you add to it? Let me know in the comments.
Below are the other recipes from our 5 part series of Gourmet Summer Hot Dog Recipes:
- 5 Gourmet Summer Hot Dog Recipe Series
- Caramelized Onions with Gruyere Cheese Hot Dog
- Kimchi Hot Dog
- Jalapeño Popper Hot Dog
- Hawaiian Hot Dog
“First we eat, then we do everything else.” – Unknown