If you have been one of my readers for a while now, you know that one of my ALL TIME favorite recipes is the Jalapeño Popper! I even shared my favorite low-carb recipe of this dish, which you can read here. To continue our 5 Gourmet Summer Hot Dog Recipes Series, I told my Brother that we needed to somehow incorporate the jalapeño popper into our gourmet hot dogs. To recap, this series was inspired by adding a twist to the mundane summer dinner staple, the hot dog and bring some excitement back into it. This recipe turned out so good and is actually my personal favorite out of the 5 in our series. Allow us to introduce you to our Jalapeño Popper Hot Dog.
Jalapeño Popper Hot Dog Recipe
- 4 Brioche Hot Dog Buns
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 large jalapeños
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Take your Jalapeños and cut both ends. Very carefully deseed the Jalapeño with small knife and do not cut the Jalapeño, keep whole.
- Once deseeded, place hot dog inside of Jalapeño and wrap 2 slices of bacon around each hot dog.
- Heat grill to medium heat, place hot dogs on grill and cook for 10 minutes each. (All grills are different and temperatures may vary – keep an eye on the bacon and make sure that it is fully cooked.)
- Place bacon wrapped jalapeño hot dog in bun and drizzle with cream cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro and ENJOY!
Below are the other recipes from our 5 part series of Gourmet Summer Hot Dog Recipes:
- 5 Gourmet Summer Hot Dog Recipe Series
- Caramelized Onions with Gruyere Cheese Hot Dog
- Kimchi Hot Dog
- Mexican Street Corn Hot Dog
- Hawaiian Hot Dog
As always, if you try this recipe, I would love to hear what you think about it. Did you add to it? Let me know in the comments.
“Food tastes better when you eat it with your family.” – Unknown