Did you know that my Husband and I got married in Hawaii? It is probably one of our favorite places in the world to visit. Part of that reason being how much we enjoy the food in Hawaii, which is why incorporating it into our 5 Gourmet Summer Hot Dog Recipes Series made me so happy. To recap, this series was inspired by adding a twist to the mundane summer dinner staple, the hot dog and bring some excitement back into it. This recipe is a great if you have a sweet tooth and maybe want to throw a Hawaiian-themed party for the summer! Allow us to introduce you to our Hawaiian Hot Dog.
Hawaiian Hot Dog Recipe
- 4 Brioche Hot Dog Buns
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 small case of pre-made pulled pork. We used Aldi’s brand pulled pork.)
- ½ cup of Hawaiian BBQ Sauce. (If your pulled pork already has sauce in it, you do not need to add the bbq sauce unless you want to.)
- 4 Pineapple Spears
- ½ cup of green onion
- Heat pulled pork and add in bbq sauce.
- Grill Pineapple Spears until charred.
- Grill Hot Dogs and place hot dogs and pineapple spears in buns.
- Add pulled pork on top of each hot dog.
- Top off with green onion and Enjoy!
Below are the other recipes from our 5 part series of Gourmet Summer Hot Dog Recipes:
- 5 Gourmet Summer Hot Dog Recipe Series
- Caramelized Onions with Gruyere Cheese Hot Dog
- Kimchi Hot Dog
- Jalapeño Popper Hot Dog
- Mexican Street Corn Hot Dog
As always, if you try this recipe, I would love to hear what you think about it. Did you add to it? Let me know in the comments.
“Good food ends with good talk.” – Unknown