Easter Sunday is literally right around the corner and what better way to prepare for that annual family dinner than a SUPER easy DIY Easter Centerpiece! If you haven’t checked out my recent blog post about our entire Easter Table Décor (which I am super proud of) you can check it out here.
We wanted to make a centerpiece that not only was bright, beautiful and well… Easter-themed but also a centerpiece that wasn’t too expensive and didn’t break the bank. We knew that we wanted to make this décor-piece yellow, white and bright but we were not sure what we were going to incorporate to make it Easter-themed! The three things that we ALWAYS got in our Easter Basket as kids were Jelly Beans, Peeps and a Chocolate Easter Bunny! Well, I didn’t want to make a chocolate centerpiece shaped like a bunny, so that idea was out! With that being said, we love Peeps and we love Jelly Beans, which is why we chose them for the centerpiece. My son actually tried his first Peep this year and after enjoying an entire Peep, he immediately wanted to eat a dozen more, so I am pretty sure he is a fan!
We already owned the cylinder vases in this piece; they just had diamonds glued on them. So we removed the diamonds and cleaned off the vases so that they were clear. I linked other vases for you below if you wanted to order some for your table; they are great and can be used all year long!
This DIY centerpiece ended up being SUPER easy and we actually did it in 15 minutes. We are so proud of how it turned out and are very excited to show you exactly how we did it.
What you will need:
- 1 large cylinder vase
- 1 small cylinder vase OR glass that can fit inside of the large vase
- Bunny Peeps (whatever color theme you want.)
- Jelly Beans (whatever color theme you want.)
- Flowers (whatever color theme you want.)
- First off, take your small cylinder and fill it a quarter of the way with water. (It is important to fill it with water first so it doesn’t slip around when you are filling it with Jelly Beans.)
- Place the small cylinder inside of the large cylinder.
- Slowly, start filling your Jelly Beans in the space between the large vase and small vase. Fill it up a little lower than halfway. (You want your Peeps to be about halfway.)
- Take your Peeps and line them around the vase. (Note – it is easier if you keep the Peeps intact as much as you can instead of ripping them all apart.)
- Once your Peeps make a full circle, push them all up to the glass and start filling behind them with Jelly Beans. If a Jelly Bean gets in front of the Peep you can take a butter knife and fish it out that way.
- Fill the remainder of the cylinder with Jelly Beans.
- Take your flowers and start arranging them. We chose yellow and white to be our floral colors, but you can choose just one color if you want or multiple. Be creative. Cut the flowers so that they fit the cylinder and make some taller and shorter to make it taper down.
- Once you have your flowers arranged in the way you want it, take your arrangement and place it on your table. Voila! You have a gorgeous Easter centerpiece that you and your family can enjoy this Sunday!
“Easter, the only time it’s okay to put all your eggs in one basket!” – Unknown
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.