Are you on Keto for the holidays? Since this is the last weekend before Halloween, I thought it would be fitting to share a really cute way to turn an easy keto appetizer into a Halloween-themed keto delicacy, just in time for your weekend party! This is also a great appetizer to make for Thanksgiving as well. Let me introduce you to my spicy keto deviled eggs.
My Husband LOVES deviled eggs and well I LOVE a theme, so I combined our passion and our goal of being on keto and decided to make this keto appetizer. As an additional option, you can add olives to this recipe and turn them into little spiders for Halloween, just like I did on my Halloween-themed Keto Pizza! I hope you enjoy them!
- One dozen (12) boiled eggs
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- For Garnish:
- Chives (cut into small stems – this will make the pumpkin stems)
- Boil all eggs. Cut eggs and take out yolks and place in separate bowl.
- In a separate pot, bring water to boil. Cut the top off the bell pepper and in half and take out all the seeds. Boil the bell pepper until soft. (If you can stick a fork easily through it, then it is done.) Place bell pepper in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl or kitchen aid combine eggs, bell pepper, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, paprika and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Lay out egg whites and pour egg mix into a gallon zip lock bag. Cut corner of zip lock and start pouring egg mixture into each egg. Try to make each one plump enough to make it look like a pumpkin.
- Take a fork and use the prongs to create lines on each egg to give it that “pumpkin” look.
- Finally add a small chive to each egg to give it the finishing touch!
- Serve and ENJOY!
“Wicked chickens lay deviled eggs.” – Anonymous