My husband is a huge fan of stir-fry and skillets. When asking him to support me through my Whole30 journey, I promised him that I would make some meals that would make him forget that he is on any kind of meal plan/diet. Since he favors the stir-fry, I decided to venture into preparing this for him. My first idea was to create the meal by putting it over cauliflower rice. To be honest though, we both had our fix of cauliflower, so I decided to change it up and mix sweet potatoes in an attempt to satiate the desire for rice. I made enough that we should have been able to have it for leftovers the next day, but we both inhaled the stir-fry, that there was nothing left over except our happy, full bellies. Next time, I think I am going to make cauliflower rice and place the veggies and meat on top of it, to make it last longer.
Whole30 books that I recommend:
• 2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp of minced garlic
• 2 large sweet potatoes (cubed)
• 1 cup of water
• 1 lb of asparagus (cut)
• Salt, pepper and onion powder to taste
• 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
• 1 tsp of paprika
- Cube chicken and season with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Sauté chicken with garlic and oil in skillet until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- In another pan, cook sweet potatoes with water. I have also seen people add coconut oil to give it an even sweeter taste. (You would just coat the skillet with the coconut oil prior to adding the potatoes.) Cook until the potato is cooked through.
- Add asparagus to the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes mixing throughout.
- Add back the chicken and add salt, pepper and the red pepper to taste.
I hope you enjoy it and as always, please let me know if you have tried it or even if you mixed it up and changed the recipe!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.