I can’t speak for anyone else that has completed the Whole30 but I find cauliflower to be a savior when it comes to mixing things up and keeping you motivated to continue throughout the 30 days. Cauliflower itself is a huge benefit to our body; it’s not only rich in vitamins and minerals it also boosts your brain health and is an anti-inflammatory. Cauliflower has allowed me to make Whole30 Enchiladas, Whole30 Chicken Fried Rice and EVEN Whole30 Pizza! I decided to continue the “5 Whole30 Chicken Recipes in 5 Days” series by showing you one of my favorite recipes that I like to make for my husband and me. It is a Mediterranean-style cauliflower rice and I usually make it with some pan fried chicken. We both love it and I usually make enough that we can have it for lunch the next day.
Whole30 books I reccomend:
- 2 lbs of chicken (I usually use boneless chicken breast).
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Ghee or coconut oil, for pan.
- Mediterranean Style Cauliflower Rice
- 3 bags of cauliflower rice. (I normally get my cauliflower rice from Trader Joes or Sprouts)
- 1 cup of pitted green olives
- 1 cup of Whole30 approved Chicken Broth
- 1 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all cauliflower ingredients into one bowl. Mix thoroughly. Spread out the cauliflower onto a baking dish. I usually use a 9 X 13 dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes. In the meantime, start preparing the chicken.
- Season chicken in salt, pepper and onion powder. Coat pan with ghee or coconut oil. Pan fry all chicken pieces until thoroughly cooked.
- When the cauliflower is finished, place each chicken on top of the rice OR plate each dish separately. ENJOY!
I hope you enjoy it and as always, please let me know if you have tried it or even if you mixed it up and changed the recipe!