I’ll be honest with you… by day five of any diet I am SICK of salads! Anyone else agree with me? I mean come on! There is only so much balsamic and lettuce you can have before you break and eat that cheese enchilada you have been dying for!
During my pregnancy, one of my biggest cravings was a BLT sandwich with avocado… making it a BLTA! My poor husband would run to the store and get all the fixings to curb my sandwich craving week after week. Now that I am doing the Whole30, I had a day where I obsessed about getting my hands on a yummy BLT! Luckily, my husband and I went over to my Sister & Brother In-Law’s house that same week and she made us a salad. The greatest part about this salad is that it was everything that I had hoped for and more: bacon, lettuce, tomato and yes, you guessed it, avocado. She found Whole30 compliant, uncured bacon from Sprouts and tossed the salad in her homemade Whole30 ranch. She also seasoned her own chicken and tossed it in the mix. WOW! DELICIOUS! It was like she read my mind to satisfy my craving!
So the real question… did it satisfy your craving?? HECK YES it did! I am not sure if it was the bacon, or the yummy Whole30 ranch, but all of it together made me feel like I was cheating. For all my fellow BLT fans out there, please please try this recipe! I promise you, your stomach will thank you!
Whole30 books I recommend:
- 1 bag of salad mix. (I LOVE it with arugula or the organic salad mix from Trader Joes)
- 1 package of cooked crispy bacon (Make sure it is Whole30 approved. I always find it at Sprouts)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (Or to your liking)
- 1 lb. of cooked and cubed chicken (Season with salt, pepper and onion powder)
- 1 Avocado
- Toss with Whole30 Ranch (Recipe coming soon) or whatever Whole30 compliant dressing of your liking.
- Toss that stuff together and ENJOY!
“I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking for it to be a BLT”