I love soup! Especially when I am not feeling so well or when it’s a cold rainy day out. My favorite soup is a good old-fashioned homemade chicken noodle soup. When I was on Whole 30 the first time, I had a HUGE hankering for some chicken noodle soup, but didn’t know how I could make it Whole 30 and still satisfy my craving (noodles simply don’t work on the diet). This time I decided to experiment. I looked up every single chicken noodle soup recipe out there and looked at what truly made a chicken noodle soup. I didn’t find anything to replace the noodles, but when I finally made this soup and served it to my husband, we ended up not missing the noodles at all.
As part of the “5 Whole 30 Chicken Recipes in 5 Days” series, here is day 2.
Whole30 books I recommend:
Whole 30 – Chicken Soup (You won’t miss the noodles) Recipe
- 3 cups of cubed cooked chicken. (I like to season my chicken with onion powder, salt and pepper.)
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of water
- 3 large carrots – sliced in coins
- 3 cups of broccoli
- 1 small white onion – chopped (you can use a larger one, if you love onions!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Sauté onions and carrots in large skillet until soft.
- In a large pot, place all ingredients.
- Warm for about 6-10 minutes or until your liking.
My husband LOVED this soup and asked if I could make a huge pot of it for him to take to work and eat throughout the week. My Mom also gave me a good idea; chop potatoes up with the soup to give it that potato-soup flavor! Enjoy and please let me know if you tried it!
“Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.” – Beethoven